Friday, November 5, 2010

On a (Rainy)Diwali Day

I was out of my door to get an auto to drop my Akka and Atthan at their home. It was late evening and was raining, perhaps i should say it was drizzling.I have to take the left for the auto stand, but as i swung the door open, there was quite a crowd on the street to my right. The crowd was standing around a thing as if they are trying to save a life,pandemonium was all over the place. I really forgot that it was diwali day, but remembered it was a rainy day and thought some speedy biker slipped over on the wet road, I was walking fast towards ground zero thinking if i should lend an helping hand or not. It was puzzling as to why only one family was out catering to the bruished biker!!(There were around 10 to 15 people)..As i entered the accident zone, i felt like a fool, Coz it was not a speedy biker on the ground..but a gigantic 10000 walah:-)..The famliy was nt attending to an wounded but was saving  the big man from getting wet!!Oh boy!! What a love for the big man and the big money that they spent on him!!..Realizing the situation and fuming to myself for forgetting diwali already, i innocently turned by 180 degrees and headed for the auto stand.

When i reached the corner of my street, the walah bursted with a defeaning noise and filled my turf with smoke!!

Had a forgetful Diwali:-),
Praveen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice, Happy Diwali Praveen !

Praveen said...

Thanks nna:-)