Sunday, July 12, 2009

Train To Pune-Part II

Here i go...writing a blog after a very long time.Every time i think of posting some content,it flops due to unsaid reasons..(Only one reason though:)..laziness)..Finally i have chosen this special day to write, there's a different story behind this which i will disclose at a later stage...What am going to write about is the thing that is still fresh in my mind.Yes, My train to Pune, and mind you this is Part-II.Do not ask me for Part-I, for it has never been written...So here the train starts..(Thuds at the background)...I was well asleep when dad woke me..Praveen..its 3.30..your train is at 6.50.start now or miss the train...Appa is always like this...I said in a Sulky Voice" Appa..Naalu manikku yaenthirikkiran pa"...To my surprise he dint object my request..I slept again..Oh..Boy..am i dragging this too much!!!Ok..let me change gears.We reached the station in time and I bid good bye to Appa."Taata Pa"...


I got seated in S6,seat 22.Its a UB...I had the first look at my inmates...not bad...they looked friendly...there was a couple and their cute little girl.There was also a old man..he seemed to be a sexagenarian.Right from the moment the train started i dint speak a word to them,had breakfast,cleared checking!!. I then took "One night @ the call center" and started reading.And i caught up with the book from the very first page.It was so compulsive, that i hardly looked outside and still i dint care to offer a word to my inmates.The story was nice to read, more than the story i liked the way Chetan Bhagat scripted the story.He is the best conventional writer to me.I was going strong with 25 pages per hour.(tat s too low i know!!!),for a CAT aspirant should posses swift(OOh..tats my favourite car's name) reading capabilities.
(Resumed on 28/10/09, 04:33am)
Ok leave the CAT saga behind. Preparations are not really that good. The train would have travelled half the distance. somewhere around Andhra. People who have not reserved their tickets got into the coach and started hunting for a place to sit. The SL berth in my coach was free, two strange men occupied the seat. I still had my eyes fixed in the novel, but could observe all that was happening around me. Then one of the strange men knocked the door." Excuse me, can you come out of the book, and what is that stuff that you are digging your head into. I said its a novel. Oh!! he gestured. He expressed his sorrow that he studied only till 10th grade and he could not read english fluently but full with the desire to learn english. He asked me suggestions to improve his language skills. I thought "Wrong person to ask mate" . I then said, ok, you could join Spoken English class, read rapidex. The stranger said, oh, well, thank you!. And not to mention i learned some Hindi from them, and he said my Hindi is really good, what a white lie!!.By the way the couple(men couple)!! was on their way back home from tirupathi, one of them had a tonsured head. Then i finally broke the silence with my oldest inmate. I said him that i am in IT. We talked abt MBA. I asked him what does he do, he said he is an investor, and soon after i started talking economics to him, he immensely criticized the UPA II's budget, but had a lot of praise for Mamta's railway budget. He explained me what is fringe benefit tax and the conversation was really fine.It was time to get down for the family and with them the cute little girl also left:(. Then i went onto the top and slept. I reached my place around 3, wasted no time, slept and got ready to office by 5.30. Dreaming about the next time i will get back to home sweet home!!!!

Train to Pune was interesting!!.
Like to travel more,
Praveen.


No comments: